Notes From The Field

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Canon CPS...

I am a member of Canon Professional Services, (CPS) a program available to professional photographers who utilize Canon equipment. One of the many benefits is rush repair service on items sent in to one of Canon's service centers.

After our Death Valley workshop, I was simply unable to get my main camera body's sensor clean. I tried blowers, swabs, brushes, lens pens, etc., all the tricks that had served me so well in the past. One of the perks of a CPS Gold Membership is 2 free cleanings a year. So, I packaged up my prized one series body and shipped it off to Canon's West Coast Service Center which is located in Irvine, California. I had been to this location before in person and they turned around my repair in 2 days.

This time, they turned around my body in 1 day and I had it back in my hands via FedEx overnight.

I just wanted to say thanks to Canon's Professional Services bureau and encourage anyone who makes their living with a Canon camera to explore this excellent program if you are not already a member.

Take care all and here's to good light!

Bill

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home